CLiF’s Sixth Annual Community Literacy Conference
SAVE THE DATE! March 27, 2018
RSVP by Monday, March 19 by emailing Meredith Scott (use Register button below).
CLiF’s Community Literacy Conference is for representatives of past, present, and upcoming CLiF Community Literacy and Year of the Book communities.
Join us to…
- learn more about preparing for and maximizing impact of outside presenters
- brainstorm great programs for little or no cost
- form partnerships and find new resources
- develop sustainable strategies to develop and fund literacy programs
- share ideas with fellow teachers, administrators, reading specialists, and coordinators
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
8:45 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Lake Morey Resort
1 Clubhouse Road
Fairlee, VT 05405
8:45-9:00: Arrive and settle in with coffee/tea and light breakfast. Carol Varney from Educational Development Corporation (Usborne Books) will be with us for the day showcasing her newest titles.
9:00-9:45: CLiF’s Best Of…
We will run through new grant opportunities and then focus on some of everyone’s favorite program ideas.
9:45-10:00: Break for coffee, tea, and muffins.
10:00-11:00: Using Comics in the Classroom, Center for Cartoon Studies
11:05-11:55: Break out #1
Everyone will attend three sessions:
- Training/discussion on Diverse Books by Cass Mabbott, VT Youth Services Consultant. The training will include resources on diverse books and ways to incorporate them into your classroom/curriculum.
- CLiF presenter, storyteller and poet Rajnii Eddins will compose written and oral poems and will discuss ways to make poetry more accessible to all students and teachers.
- Group discussions – CLiF staff will mediate discussions for schools in difference stages of the CLiF Year of the Book cycle. We will divide you into incoming momentum schools and discuss the new program ideas for the binder to stimulate ideas for keeping excitement alive. Newly awarded Year of the Book recipients will receive a more, in-depth training on the year ahead.
12:00-12:45: Networking and lunch
12:50-1:40: Breakout #2
1:45-2:35: Breakout #3
2:40-3:00: Wrap-up discussion/raffle drawing