Early Literacy Resources for Families
Reading Is Fun!
Check out our video on tips for sharing books with kids and the importance of helping your kids develop strong early literacy skills.
Watch the Video by Age Group
- Check out our many fun literacy activities here!
- CLiF’s blog has lots of tips for ways to make reading and writing even more fun. Subscribe (on the righthand side) to get posts sent to your inbox weekly.
- Check out our recommended book lists!
- We Need Diverse Books has curated places to find diverse books at all levels
- Color Counterbalance also offers book lists and resources to help you find diverse books
- Publisher’s Weekly shares books to help with social and emotional learning
- Brightly is a great place to find reading lists and articles on parenting and helping kids love reading and writing
- Scholastic has fun games, activities, and resources for parents
- Parent.co/Motherly has lots of helpful articles on parenting and education
Go to a CLiF Event
CLiF has free storytelling events and book giveaways in communities all over New Hampshire and Vermont. Your family is invited to an event near you – check our calendar for upcoming events and contact us for details.
Learn more about CLiF’s programs by signing up for our monthly e-newsletter.