Once a year, the CLiF Staff and Board of Directors get together to discuss what CLiF has done over the past year, what’s coming up, and to enjoy dinner together while taking a breather from our busy, busy lives. That happened at CLiF World HQ on Monday, and this year, we had a lot to talk about.
(See photo above – Back Row (L to R): Program Director Meredith Scott, Secretary Dan Lynch, outgoing Board Chair Glenn Curie, Rick Roesch, incoming Board Chair Mitzi Barrett, Treasurer Matt Rightmire, Program Manager Jana Brown; Front Row (L to R): Executive Director Duncan McDougall, Jess Eakin, Laura Rice, Data/Office Manager Stephanie Kucinskas, Communications Manager Erika Nichols-Frazer, Deb Nelson. Missing: Jen Alexander, out with a cold.)
- In April and May alone CLiF held 114 storytelling presentations for 6,025 kids and 300 adults in New Hampshire and Vermont. We also…
- Visited all ten 2017-2018 Year of the Book schools to help their advisory committees plan incredible school years full of literacy events, book giveaways, author visits, and so. much. more.
- Held Friendraising events at the Mariposa Museum in Peterborough, NH and at Board Member Rick Roesch’s home in Etna, NH
- Gave away hundreds of free books and made creative magnetic poetry at Burlington Kids’ Day (Burlington, VT)
- who make our storytelling presentations so special
- This summer, we’ll serve more than 8,000 kids at 140 Summer Readers events ALL OVER New Hampshire and Vermont. CLiF’s Summer Readers is coming to a town near you this summer!
We’re also in the early stages of our three-year Strategic Planning process, led by CLiF’s Strategic Planning Leadership Action Team (SPLAT!). We’ve begun taking a look at what we do well and how we can do it even better in the future by surveying our partners. Next up, we’ll be interviewing constituents (donors, partners, folks who’ve benefitted form CLiF programs, literacy experts, etc.). As CLiF prepares to turn 20 next year it’s the perfect time to look back at the 200,000 low-income, at-risk, and rural children we’ve served and $5 million in new books given away and how we can do even more in the next 20 years!
It’s always fun to get the whole CLiF team together to look back at all we’ve accomplished while looking ahead to the many exciting programs coming up!
Thank you for your support, and all you do to make this important work possible!