CLiF’s Rural Libraries conference is September 20, 2019 in White River Junction, VT. Register by September 4 by emailing Stephanie.
The day will be packed with lots of opportunities to learn about tips and best practices for tackling issues relevant to small public libraries in our region. Topics will include launching easy and affordable programming, outreach for kids 0-5, designing comfortable spaces for visitors on the autism spectrum, privacy, strengthening relationships between public and school libraries, and more. There will be fun workshops led by the Drag Queen Story Hour, as well as VT poets talking about how to attract poem-haters through spoken word poetry. There will also be MANY free books available to all attendees!
Our Rural Libraries grant enables rural public libraries to create excitement around reading, increase circulation, and strengthen relationships with the communities they serve.
Activities and Support
CLiF works closely with the public library, the local elementary school, and area daycares and preschools to provide extensive support over the course of one school year. This includes:
- $2,000 in new, high-quality children’s books for the public library (selected by public librarian)
- $500 in new books for the school library (selected by school librarian)
- A total of four storytelling presentations at the elementary school and childcare centers
- Brand-new books for all participating children from birth through grade six
- $250 mini grant option to support a special initiative in your library
Applications are currently closed.