Thank you to the 80+ librarians who joined CLiF at the Briggs Opera House/Hotel Coolidge in White River Junction for the Rural Library Conference.
Rural Library Grant
Our Rural Library grant enables rural public libraries to create excitement around reading, increase circulation, and strengthen relationships with the communities they serve.
Activities and Support
CLiF works closely with the public library, the local elementary school, and area child care centers and preschools to provide extensive support over the course of one school year. This includes:
- $2,000 in new, high-quality children’s books for the public library (selected by public librarian)
- $500 in new books for the school library (selected by school librarian)
- A storytelling and book presentation at the local elementary school for all students PK-6, to be held in Fall 2023. The public and school librarians will showcase their new library books purchased with the CLiF grant.
- An author/illustrator visit and book giveaway for all the students at the elementary school or library to be held in Spring 2024. Each student will be able to choose two new books to take home provided by CLiF. The public and school librarians will showcase their summer reading programs.
- Storytelling presentation and book giveaway for children (and their families) ages 0-5 at the library, local child care center, or preschool. After the storytelling event, each child will be able to choose two books to take home and keep.
- Brand-new books for all participating children from birth through grade six
- $300 mini grant option to support a special initiative in your library
- Public library in Vermont or New Hampshire
- Serving a town of 5,000 residents or fewer
- Limited budget, libraries with annual budget of less than $125,000 generally given preference
- Demonstrated need for CLiF support
- Enthusiasm to partner with the local elementary school, child care centers, and community members
- Must be a minimum of four years since your last Rural Library grant
This grant is now closed. Applications for the 2024-25 cohort will open in February 2024.