This is a tough time for us all, and many parents are struggling with what to do with their energetic kids when they’re home from school. It’s kind of like summer without all the activities to keep them entertained. We’ve got some great ideas to keep their minds engaged, stretch their imaginations, and sharpen those … Continued
Our Rural Libraries grant enables rural public libraries to create excitement around reading, increase circulation, and strengthen relationships with the communities they serve.
Activities and Support
CLiF works closely with the public library, the local elementary school, and area daycares and preschools to provide extensive support over the course of one school year. This includes:
- $2,000 in new, high-quality children’s books for the public library (selected by public librarian)
- $500 in new books for the school library (selected by school librarian)
- A total of four storytelling presentations at the elementary school and childcare centers
- Brand-new books for all participating children from birth through grade six
- $250 mini grant option to support a special initiative in your library
CLiF will accept applications for the 2020-2021 Rural Library Grant until April 29, 2020. Please know there may be changes in the format, timing, and components as we work through COVID-19 and the outcomes. CLiF is looking for ways to serve you and our target audience in these unprecedented circumstances – please send any ideas to email@example.com.