CLiF staff and presenters are saddened that COVID-19 means we can not visit camps, libraries, and out-of-school-time programs for our traditional Summer Readers program. While we will still send books to partner programs, we will offer your campers, students, and children the chance to interact live with our presenters who will present from their home. … Continued
Our Rural Libraries grant enables rural public libraries to create excitement around reading, increase circulation, and strengthen relationships with the communities they serve.
Activities and Support
CLiF works closely with the public library, the local elementary school, and area daycares and preschools to provide extensive support over the course of one school year. This includes:
- $2,000 in new, high-quality children’s books for the public library (selected by public librarian)
- $500 in new books for the school library (selected by school librarian)
- A total of four storytelling presentations at the elementary school and childcare centers
- Brand-new books for all participating children from birth through grade six
- $250 mini grant option to support a special initiative in your library
CLiF will accept applications for the 2020-2021 Rural Library Grant until June 15, 2020. Please know there may be changes in the format, timing, and components as we work through COVID-19 and the outcomes. CLiF is looking for ways to serve you and our target audience in these unprecedented circumstances – please send any ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.