Thank you to the 80+ librarians who joined CLiF at the Briggs Opera House/Hotel Coolidge in White River Junction for the Rural Library Conference.
Our Rural Libraries grant enables rural public libraries to create excitement around reading, increase circulation, and strengthen relationships with the communities they serve.
Activities and Support
CLiF works closely with the public library, the local elementary school, and area daycares and preschools to provide extensive support over the course of one school year. This includes:
- $2,000 in new, high-quality children’s books for the public library (selected by public librarian)
- $500 in new books for the school library (selected by school librarian)
- A total of four storytelling presentations at the elementary school and childcare centers
- Brand-new books for all participating children from birth through grade six
- $250 mini grant option to support a special initiative in your library
- Public library in Vermont or New Hampshire
- Serving a town of 5,000 residents or fewer
- Limited budget, libraries with annual budget of less than $125,000 generally given preference
- Demonstrated need for CLiF support
- Enthusiasm to partner with the local elementary school, child care centers, and community members
- Must be a minimum of four years since your last Rural Library grant
The Rural Libraries grant application will open in March 2023. To stay in touch and receive notification as to when you can apply, please sign up for our e-newsletter here.