CLiF staff and presenters are saddened that COVID-19 means we can not visit camps, libraries, and out-of-school-time programs for our traditional Summer Readers program. While we will still send books to partner programs, we will offer your campers, students, and children the chance to interact live with our presenters who will present from their home. … Continued
At a time when our country feels tense and divided, CLiF has designed a grant opportunity to help build bridges and strengthen relationships between different groups within communities. CLiF has selected four programs that succeeded in achieving this goal by using reading and writing to bring people together.
- Reading Buddies for Seniors – includes an author visit, an onsite library, and a two book giveaway
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten – includes an author visit, an onsite library, and a two book giveaway
- My Community Story offered by Young Writers Project – includes the platform and training
- Songwriting Workshop led by CLiF Presenter Jon Gailmor – includes 3 days with Jon and a CD of songs being performed plus funds for refreshments at a community concert
- This is What Democracy Looks Like – visit from Center for Cartoon Studies, copies of the comic for students, and funds for a civic engagement project
- Design your own! What project will bring your students into contact with their community with literacy as an engagement point?