The holidays are a time of giving and you can give a special gift to a child by purchasing a book at a participating book store. Each year, independent booksellers across Vermont and New Hampshire collect new books for the low-income, at-risk, and rural kids (12 and under) whom CLiF serves. You can help spread the joy of reading by giving a book to a child who needs it. Many of the kids we serve have no books of their own. A new book is something they’ll treasure.
While you’re shopping, pick up a book for a child in need at the following locations (some offer discounts):
- Bear Pond Books (Montpelier, VT)
- Bridgeside Books (Waterbury, VT)
- Ebenezer Books (Johnson, VT)
- Gibson’s Bookstore (Concord, NH)
- Morgan Hill Books (New London, NH)
- Norwich Bookstore (Norwich, VT)
- Phoenix Books (Burlington, Essex, Rutland, VT)
- The Yankee Bookshop (Woodstock, VT)
- Toadstool Bookstore (Keene, NH)
- The Bookery (Manchester, NH)
- Still North (Hanover, NH)
We thank all of these bookstores and their customers for their generosity, which helps us put books in kids’ hands. Having access to books at home and in all the spaces where they spend time encourages kids to read more and enjoy doing it. It helps them build those essential literacy skills they’ll need for the future.
We couldn’t do it without the support of these bookstores and people like you. Happy Holidays!