Are you an enthusiastic, organized professional with communications experience and a love of literacy?
CLiF seeks a part-time Communications Manager to manage our external communications, media relations, and overall outreach. CLiF has a small, committed staff and an 18-year history of substantial growth and results.
Communications duties include: pitching media stories and op-ed essays to local, regional, and national outlets; writing and editing content for CLiF’s newsletter, e-newsletter, annual report, press releases, Facebook, Twitter, blog, and other communications assets; helping to organize events, meetings, and small conferences; participating in donor outreach and some limited grant writing. Work will be performed in the CLiF office in Waterbury Center Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proven ability to manage projects.
- 3+ years in public relations, community relations, marketing, or similar field.
- Success with pitching media stories to editors and developing ongoing connections with press.
- Experience with Twitter, Facebook, blogging and e-mail marketing.
- Skilled with Apple computers, Microsoft Office suite, WordPress, and donor management software.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Send resume and cover letter by July 12th to email@example.com.
The Children’s Literacy Foundation (CLiF) is a nonprofit based in Waterbury Center. For 18 years CLiF has inspired a love of reading and writing among almost 200,000 low-income, at-risk, and rural children in 400+ towns throughout Vermont and New Hampshire. See www.clifonline.org for more.