(Horse not included)
The Children’s Literacy Foundation (CLiF) is seeking a summer intern who would like to work at a busy, innovative literacy non-profit.
CLiF’s mission is to nurture a love of reading and writing among low-income, at-risk, and rural young readers and writers up to age 12 throughout New Hampshire and Vermont. We work directly with children who are at high risk of growing up with low literacy skills: children in low-income housing and homeless shelters; refugee and migrant children; children of prison inmates; children in rural communities with limited resources; and many others. Over the past 18 years we have provided a wide variety of literacy programs to more than 180,000 children in 400 communities across the Twin States, and donated more than $4 million in new, high-quality children’s books.
- It will run from mid-June to mid-August (with some flexibility)
- Three days per week (Tues. Wed. Thurs.)
- Work takes place at the CLiF office in Waterbury Center, VT
- The intern will participate in a wide range of tasks, including:
- Assisting our Program Manager with our Summer Readers program
- Helping to coordinate on-site volunteers as they sort/pack books for events
- Attending some Summer Readers events
- Contributing to CLiF’s blog and social media
- Assisting with many other projects that may arise
- Candidates must have completed at least one year of college
- Compensation will be $10 per hour.
- CLiF has a small staff of 5 who work at the CLiF office. We are a tight team and the intern will be involved in all team meetings and decisions, and will have an opportunity to experience first-hand how a busy, efficient nonprofit is run.