This post offers some research and activities for both reflecting on lessons learned this year and thinking about what components have value for the future.
- Watch Using Books to Engage Young Children to Talk About Race & Justice, Part 1 and Part 2
- How to teach with living poets’ work
- Join VTLIB and the VT Golden Dome Book Award Reading Committee on Friday, May 21 from 10:00am-1:00pm for the 2021 Vermont Golden Dome Book Award Virtual Conference! Registration is free! Please complete the registration form by 11:59pm on Wednesday, May 19.
- 6 principles for effective writing instruction
- Why we need to keep reading fun as kids get older
- Penguin Random House extends their open license for read alouds
- Webinar on how to keep students and teachers motivated in the final stretch of this challenging year
- Comics about teaching in the pandemic
- Vermont PBS has a new format for their distance learning schedule for spring and summer that’s based on the PBS Teacher Planning Kits and provides a more streamlined approach to accessing information.
- Books for elementary and middle school on media literacy
- How would you use federal money to help homeless students?
- Engagement through dialogue – 3 strategies for classrooms
- How teachers help students develop a conscience
- Why to set aside time for revision
- Libraries as tools for those recently released from prison
- On Thursday, May 20th Shareable and Let’s Move in Libraries will host a free interactive dialogue with librarians who manage farmers’ markets, summer feeding programs, community fridges, and culinary literacy centers.
- 23 creative ideas for displays and programs at your library
- Libraries as STEM centers for low income youth
- Books celebrating libraries and librarians
- What COVID changes should you keep?
- Why to read old fashioned paper books at home
- Slowing down their reading helps improve skills – another reason to stay off devices at times
- Sight word games and reading activities
FOR EARLY EDUCATORS
- How to help a potential record number of children transition to kindergarten
- New study on how infants process multi-word sequences
- Preschool author studies to build understanding of self and others
- Webinar: Crisis and Opportunity: Building a Better Child Care System
- Optimizing ebooks with toddlers